What is AIChE?
The Missouri S&T American Institute of Chemical Engineers provides students with a chance to network with professionals. We host speakers from academia and chemical manufacturing companies. We also hold a corporate mixer the evening before each career fair.
Students network with the local St. Louis section of AIChE through trivia nights and plant tours. We attend regional and national student conferences where the Chem E Car and research presentation competitions take place.
Additionally, our recruitment committee provides department tours to prospective students interested in chemical engineering.
Until further notice, all general meetings will be held on Zoom. Due to COVID-19, in-person AIChE events are cancelled until further notice.
Become a member:
- $10 a semester for non-national members
- $5 a semester for AIChE National Members
- Become a national member here, it’s free!
Anyone can attend an AIChE meeting, but membership has a few additional perks.
- Company sponsored food after every meeting (pizza, soda, etc)
- Free entry into Corporate Mixer
- Non-members pay a $5 entry fee
Join us for the Career Fair Crash Course meeting!
- Wednesday, February 3rd at 7pm on Zoom
- Get tips from fellow students to ace the career fair
- Learn how to best communicate applicable job skills
- Hear about others’ experience in internships and co-ops
Sign up for lab or plant tours provided by AIChE
- AIChE periodically schedules plant tours with companies that hire ChemEs
If you’re in the department, you should already be on the department email list. If not, email Chandra at firstname.lastname@example.org